We'll Help You Find a Reliable, Trustworthy, and Experienced Maid for Your Residence…
Let Hamptons Employment Agency, Inc. do the work for you to find the right Maid for your residence. Voted the #1 "Best Domestic Agency" by Dan's Papers readers for eight years in a row (2012 – 2019), and seen in magazines such as Avenue and Hamptons, we help individuals, couples, and families find domestic help that fits their unique needs and preferences.
The main geographic areas that we serve include the following: The Hamptons and Long Island; the Greater New York City Area (including Connecticut and New Jersey); the Boston and New England Area; the San Francisco Bay Area; and Florida.
An overview of the Domestic Maid position is detailed below. This description provides a general overview with common responsibilities. Given your particular requirements, additional duties may be needed while others are deemed unnecessary.
For more information on our Domestic Maids, including Live-In Maids and Live-Out Maids, please contact us today. Your consultation with Hamptons Employment Agency is no-cost, no-obligation, and completely confidential.
Maids perform typical domestic chores, such as cooking, ironing, washing, cleaning the house, grocery shopping, vacuuming, pet care, taking care of children, and running errands. Some Maids are required by their Employers to wear a uniform. Maids may be live-in or out, depending on the Employer's needs.
In large households, Maids traditionally have a fixed position and specific role in the hierarchy of domestic staff. Moreover, while there is overlap among the various Maid positions (depending on the household's size) the positions themselves would generally be rigidly adhered to. A few of the key classifications of Maid roles in a large household include:
- Lady's maid — reports directly to the Lady of the House, but still ranks beneath the Housekeeper; the Lady's Maid also accompanies the Lady of the House on travel.
- House-Maid or Housemaid — performs "above stairs" functions and is therefore usually more senior; in a household in which there are multiple House Maids, they are often sub-divided into more specialized positions, such as Chamber Maid and Laundry Maid.
- Kitchen Maid — reports to the Cook and assists in the running of the kitchen(s).
- Nursery Maid — an "Upstairs Maid" who works in the children's nursery, maintaining cleanliness and good order, and who reports to the Nanny.
Salary for a Private Maid depends on your location, the particular job requirements, and the level of experience of the Maid Candidate. Benefits, perks, and other forms of compensation provided by the Employer also affect salary requirements.
Our Residential Staffing Professionals can help you find the right person for a range of positions, including the following:
- Long Island, NY Maid (Hamptons, Gold Coast, etc.)
- New York City Maid
- Boston Area/New England Maid (MA, NH, VT, ME, RI, CT)
- Connecticut Maid
- New Jersey Maid
- Florida Maid
- San Francisco Bay Area Maid
- We also serve other areas (please contact us for more information)
Request Your Complimentary Copy Today of How to Find, Hire and Keep The Right Domestic Professionals: The Household Employer's Guide to Hiring Great Employees Who Will Stay for Years.
Contact us today for a no-cost, no-obligation, privacy-assured phone consultation. Please feel free to call us at one of our offices:
The Hamptons: 631-204-1100
New York City: 212-810-9828
Boca Raton: 561-866-2633
Or, use our brief and easy online Staffing Inquiry Form.
We look forward to hearing from you regarding your domestic staffing needs.